Suffering animals depend upon you, and you depend upon EPC for world-class support.
We revolutionize the practice of healing animals by teaming veterinarians, pharmacists, animal caretakers and industry-leading analytical testing laboratories to improve your patients’ lives, and yours.
This approach yields the highest-quality medication, which helps animals heal faster. Isn’t that why you do what you do?
- Essential Pharmacy Compounding (EPC) is a division of Kohll’s Pharmacy & Homecare which has been in operation since 1948. EPC has a long history of providing safe and effective compounded medication to humans and animals.
- Our top priority is safety. Our hallmark is high quality. Our legacy is recognized excellence. EPC was the first PCAB accredited* pharmacy in Nebraska and remains the only compounding pharmacy in the state accredited for non-sterile AND sterile compounding.
- EPC’s expertise in veterinary compounding is unmatched and includes a full time on-staff veterinarian.
- Our compounding standards meet and exceed the requirements of the United States Pharmacopeia (USP). EPC uses the industry-leading analytical laboratory to validate both our compounds and our PROCESS. EPC makes this commitment to quality because in-house testing simply is not good enough. EPC is completely transparent and proud to provide customers with documentation validating USP standards are met and exceeded.
- EPC is licensed in all required states to provide sterile, non-sterile and controlled drug formulations. EPC was one of the first in the nation to participate in NABP’s** Verified Pharmacy Program (VPP).
- Beyond the strict rules and regulations set forth by state and federal agencies, EPC operates in compliance with the American Association of Equine Practitioners (AAEP) and the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA).
- What EPC does NOT compound is as important as what EPC does compound. That is why EPC uses only Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs) from FDA-registered facilities.
- EPC is committed to providing the highest quality formulation for a reasonable price. EPC does match price on an identical compounded formulation from a PCAB accredited* pharmacy. EPC is the safest by design, never sacrificing quality for profits.
*Accredited by the Pharmacy Compounding Accreditation Board
** Participate in National Association of Boards of Pharmacy